Part of my education for some of my stagey stuff with Sass and Tease… I love this education… first a movie day, then a dinner and now this… so ace…
Self care is important. Do what makes you happy. Your desires, no matter how great or minute, matter. Paint your nails. Uniformity is unnecessary. Choose colors that make you grin. Buy pretty panties. For yourself. Not for him or her. Stop attaching guilt to every pleasure. Eat good. Make no apology for taking care of yourself.
This is so important!
16 Day Killer Kixie Challenge! Day Two: 200 Killer Squats! Waaaaapoooosh.
Booty murder today!
As always, ANY modifications count, but if squats are easy for you, it’s time to level up! Use what you have and try to make this as challenging as possible.
Basic Level Up Ideas
1. Add weight to your squats, or as many of them as you can (dumbbells, medicine balls, children (hopefully yours), sandbags etc).
2. Add a jump, a kick, a lift to the side, a lift to the back etc.
3. Add pulses to your squats (3 pulses and up = 1 rep)
4. Single leg it out! 100 per side. You can also place one foot on an elevated surface like a yoga block or chair. Keep weight in the heel of the squatting leg.
5. GET LOWER. Ass to grass baby! Try to pop up and go faster once you’ve got the form down.
Advanced Level Up Ideas
1. Play with your load for weighted squats. If you’re used to holding the weights by your shoulders, try back loaded or front loaded squats. Place weight on only one side (100 per side), use different equipment etc.
2. Add instability by placing feet on a bosu or instability disc.
3. Add weights to your plyo squat jumps or try single leg squat jumps. Start low, then add more as you see what you can manage (only for those who are used to squat jumps).
4. Add a jump forward and back, or side to side, landing softly in a squat. Get it moving!
5. Try negative squats: start already low in the squat and pop up fast, spending more time in the bottom of the squat than the top.
Remember, you can split up your squats over the course of the day, do them throughuot your regular workout or try them as a time challenge (how quick can you bust out 200?). If you like, you can use my circuit below too!
My Workout (fondly named “Oh HAIIII Booty)
5 Squat Variations, 40 Reps each = Day Two KILLED!
I’m posting this for the awesome squat variations !!!
I need sleep, I’m freaked out about both the cats and I’m wide awake….
Someone frying pan me to the back of the head please!!!!!!
diminishingovertime said: Do you feed hope wet or dry food?? I was told by my vet that they drink less when on a wet diet. Has it only been since Darcy has been around, or is there a chance that it could be coincidence?
Definitely since we got Darcy, I’ve looked at a couple of sites and got enough information to work out that she is okayish, so, I’m going to keep up the water feeding for a bit, and a couple of other things…
I am going out of my mind here, its been two weeks since we have got Darcy and Hope is just not coping, tonight I had to force water into her, using a dropper to drop it just above her mouth so she would be forced to lick it up. She isn’t bathing herself because she isn’t drinking enough water, I’ve tried rescue remedy and catnip spray, but she just wont drink water, we even got them a water bloody fountain to use and she wont touch it. I’m really worried and forcing her to drink water feels barbaric!
I’m going to the googles and will ring RSPCA tomorrow… but any advice would be so very very welcome!!!