1. The most important lessons in life are very seldom taught in a classroom.
2. “You don’t know what you have until it’s gone” is a cliche for a reason—it’s true. It is quite possibly the truest cliche of all time.
3. Everyone’s life seems better to outsiders.
4. We are all trying to find a way to make life more bearable. Keep this in mind when forming opinions of others.
5. Telling the truth will quite often screw you over; honesty is still the best policy.
6. You are not perfect. Nobody you meet will ever be perfect. Forgive yourself and others, then continue to strive for perfection.
7. It seems so much easier to become hardened in life and to stop caring, but you’ve made it this far without taking the easy route. You’re too strong for that.
8. Strength is measured in a variety of ways.
9. There are many things in life that can’t be fixed; however, a good cry and a nap are always a good start.
10. Forgiveness is the greatest gift anyone can ever give or be given.
11. You are not above others. You are not above a certain task or job. There is no such thing as useless experience.
12. We’ve all been dealt some shitty hands. We still need to play.
13. Your room is a good reflection of your life. Clutter brings negative energy. It may be difficult to get rid of things, but if you don’t need it, treat throwing it out like ripping off a bandaid and just do it.
14. Never underestimate the power of a smile or compliment.
15. You don’t have to be good at something to do. You just need to enjoy it.
16. Sometimes you are better off alone.
17. You won’t get what you want unless you ask for it.
18. There are pros and cons to everything. Focus on the pros in order to appreciate the things you have. The cons are there to inspire you to strive for something better.
19. You can be your own hero. In fact, I suggest it.
20. There may not be excuses, but there are always reasons. pah (via pah11)