Huzzah for not even having the strength to do a crappy shave of the legs..
I believe in love, honesty, equality, awareness and laughter. This is where I try to work out how to have all of that in my life, how to share those things with others and hopefully where I get stronger, faster, better and more authentic than I have ever been before.Spoon Theory Motivation Personal Notes To Self Ask me anything
SO… I brought you all here to talk to you about Our Saviour… Jesus Chr…. I mean, chocolate.
After a *very long* week of not being able to use my right hand I am just able to do bits and pieces with it, which means a little bit of typing. HUZZAH! So I thought I’d catch you up with how everything is going…
The house… is at that wonderful stage where I want to douse it in petrol and set the whole bloody thing on fire… which was the perfect time for my body to crack the shits and put me out of action. However, I still have gotten a lot done so far.
The gardens have almost been completely ripped out and hacked at and worked on by two of my very good friends Bek and Bean. Let me tell you guys, they found garden beds I didn’t even know existed!!!! They have been just amazing and I need to go in and start reweeding the bits that are starting to come through again but that isn’t half the job that I started with (its really not even an 8th of the job I started with to be honest, those guys are amazing). Photos of the garden will come when I fish them off my computer/take some more.
Inside, well, thats a story of its own. The study reeked of cat pee, I had the carpets steamed to try and deal with it, which only got about half the smell out. We ended up having to remove the carpet and underly, we discovered they were both rotting and the cement underneath it is stained pretty impressively.. Check it out:
It, STANK!!! the skirting boards were rotten and had to come out… really the whole thing was just gross! So that space is now all clean and waiting for everything else to be done so we can get to replacing the flooring (I’m thinking a wood floor this time)
Currently that room has everything in it from my lounge/study/diningroom and anything extra you want to throw in for fun, as below:
As you can imagine I have no access to fucking anything and its driving me up the fucking wall and I just want my stuff!!!!
But, I spent a week prepping to paint the study/loungeroom/dinningroom/kitchen and I had a couple of mates over to help me with the veiled excuse of my Birthday to top it off.
Prepping was a pain in the butt! I hated it, but it had some good points, Darcy *really* liked the cheapass drop sheets I brought and spent a good hour attacking the first one I put down. The spakfilla I bought offended the boy very much, as it was pink, I on the other hand thought it was genius because it starts off pink and dries white. This made it very very easy for me and I’d not done any whole plugging holes before so easy was what I wanted!!
What i did not count on was the sheer amount of flipping hooks my Mother had put in the damn walls!!! I swear I have filled over 50 and I’ve done the half of the house that didn’t have the ‘photo wall’ in it.. I know I’ve got a LONG way to go with that one.
These are my beautiful mates who came and helped me paint for my birthday.. they worked so damn hard and we got so much done.. There is still so much to do and I have done so little since then that I’m going a bit crazy but I’ll get there. I am completely in LOVE with my colours!!! The green and the grey work so well, and I’ll get a couple of photos of it in the natural light tomorrow so you can see!
Throughout it all I had many fun points of doing everything and anything I could to stay sane, I took some time out to lay on the floor on my over ball to help with the pain, I cooked enough chicken to feed a small army, and I spent a good deal of time drying paint rollers with my hair dryer… and yes, that is my toe holding the roller straight so I could take a photo and keep drying all the while. Darcy was very sick of me towards the end and earned every nap he took..
hopeyarnandahammer I know you wanted to see these specifically… but really, I’m just so stoked about it all! I am going to have a house, and its going to be beautiful!!!
- You manage to have a job and a social life, so it can’t be that bad
- People have it so much worse then you do, you should be grateful you only have __________
- Have you tried eating healthier?
- Have you tried cutting out all alcohol?
- Stop complaining
- It’s all in your head
- It’s annoying when you talk about this all the time
- You’ll grow out of it
- Stop whining
- A cousin’s friends uncle has the same thing and they say it’s not that bad
- I googled what you have so now I’m an expert and can tell you all about your illness
- Go outside more, you’ll feel better
- Just take a tylenol or something
- See a doctor if it’s that bad
- Why are you always at home?
- You never come out with us
- It’s not that bad.
- Suck it up
I think the worst part of this list is that I, and many others, are tired of hearing it from ourselves. Looking at that list and thinking about all the things from it that ring true to me, is pretty disheartening.
- 1: what have you been diagnosed with, (and possibly self diagnosed with)? Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Major Depression and a Grade 1 Spondylolisthesis at L5-S1
- 2: what will you tend to do at nights, when you can't sleep? Read, tumblr, cook, clean
- 3: worst experience/side effects of a medication? Insomnia, all the meds that I take that have a side effect of making one sleep, they give me insomnia (and I take about 4 of them). Its totally fun..
- 4: how has your condition impacted your mental health? Its been a total bitch, but it also helps make me more caring towards others, more selfish with myself and more willing to be venerable.
- 5: describe your social life often canceled. Limited, but with the very best of people. Though, because its so flakey, I find I get forgotten about.
- 6: hardest thing to do when you are flaring? Be positive.
- 7: your worries for the future? Not earning, not traveling, everything I have to give up.
- 8: favourite comfort food? Fruit, musk sticks, hungry jacks
- 9: tell us a valuable lesson you have learnt, through being unwell? Self care, and how dreadfully important it is.
- 10: name 3 things that you miss, taken from health limitations? Working in theatre, dancing and my sense of independence.
- 11: how old were you when you started noticing symptoms? 14. But when I think about it, as long as I can remember.
- 12: biggest injustice about living with a chronic illness? the boredom.
- 13: worst advice you have been given about your health? From a Dr I had been seeing for about 6 months, "Suicide is really your only method of management"
- 14: what items, related to illness, could you not cope without? medication, bed and an internet connection.
- 15: can you remember being pain free? Not really.
- 16: do you know anyone in real life who shares your condition? Yup...
- 17: one symptom you would love not to have? the fatigue
- 18: lovely things said to you and something ignorant/negative, about being sick? I swear, if one more person tells me "I'm too young to be sick" after 13 fucking years of it, I'll kill them!!
- 19: are your family supportive, or mostly ignorant to your suffering? They well, in their own way they try. And I may hate them for it but I suppose I have to be glad that they try.
- 20: describe the feeling after walking up/down stairs? I go down stairs like a fox, going up is a bit rough, very rough, but I tend to try anyway.
- 21: any natural supplements, powders or alternative treatments you would recommend others try? Anything that makes them feel better, that doesn't fuck with their meds.
- 22: what is the biggest thing you would like people to understand about your illness? That the hardest thing about all of this is going to bed. When you are normal sick, you go to bed knowing that when you wake up you will wake up and feel better in a few days, but for us, we go to bed with the knowledge that tomorrow is going to be painful and difficult, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, for a lifetime of days, and that just doesn't get any easier.